Orion Land and Leisure
Although Orion has a successful twenty-year track record of obtaining planning consent for large scale urban development, Orion has recently formed a partnership with King Charles Homes, for new smaller scale opportunities, taking them through the design and planning process to achieve planning gain within a year. This is known in-house as Orion Fast Track. The King Charles Homes partnership is led by Ben King, who originally trained with Berkeley Homes and who for seventeen years was group land director for the Wooldridge Group specializing in planning and land acquisition within the Home Counties and Greater London.
In the last twelve months, planning has been obtained on sites in Weybridge, Maidenhead. Offers have also been made on sites in Barnes, Woking, Sunningdale and Windsor and Winchester.
Orion FastTrack site criteria:
• Each conditional or unconditional project will be evaluated against the return on investment agreed between the investor and Orion.
• Brownfield sites located in medium/ high value areas within the commuter belt of London.
• Sites capable of accommodating up to 30 units.
• A politically stable and well-led council.
• A planning authority who recognises the need for increased housing numbers and who will consider planning applications in a positive light.
• Well served by public transport links, schools, high streets, and leisure facilities.
Orion is committed to placing Environmental, Social Governance (ESG) at the heart of all projects. New planning regulations and construction finance will demand ESG. The latest thinking will be at the heart of our architectural design and planning applications.
Richard Olsen, Jean Woolley and Jason Fielden of Orion will be responsible for the day to day running of the company, including financial governance, communications and appointment of the professional and inhouse teams. They will undertake an initial evaluation on each project for board discussion, prior to preparing a detailed analysis for a final investment board decision.